Author Topic: How do I get Breakaway to push the audio thru the bluetooth headphones ?  (Read 696 times)

fxeconomist

• Intern
    • View Profile
I bought an LG HBS-900 bluetooth headset but I have no idea how to make it work with Breakaway. If the headphones become Default Device, then it won't go thru the Breakaway Pipeline...

Milky

• Global Moderator
  • Chief Engineer
    • View Profile
Re: How do I get Breakaway to push the audio thru the bluetooth headphones ?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 11:12:45 PM »
Which version of Breakaway, for a start?

fxeconomist

• Intern
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 11:40:55 AM »
Well, 1.40.02 says here (have Windows 10 Pro)

JesseG

• Administrator
  • Chief Engineer
    • View Profile
    • http://MasterfulAudio.com/
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2017, 06:50:28 PM »
Does the default soundcard automatically change when the headphones connect?

If not, then you only need to change the default soundcard to the Breakaway Pipeline, and then in Breakaway Audio Enhancer set the output to be your headphones.

If it is automatically changing... there might be a way to prevent that. I still haven't used Windows 10 yet, but I think I can find a solution if that's a problem. I'll wait for your reply though.

fxeconomist

• Intern
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 12:14:34 PM »
Yes, the Default Device and Default Communications Device change. In fact it appears as two devices, one is Headset LG HBS900 Handsfree and the other is Headphones LBS900 Stereo. If I switch back to the Breakaway Pipeline manually, then the sound bypasses the headphones and goes, thru the pipeline, to the speakers. Otherwise it goes to the headphones, and it doesn't sound too bad, but Breakaway displays no input when that happens.

fxeconomist

• Intern
    • View Profile
Found it on a different thread. Leif's solution: set Breakaway Pipeline as default but route its output to the Bluetooth headphones. It needed me to switch output type from KS to DS so that it sees the device properly but it did the job.