Author Topic: BBP not working soon after Breakaway One install  (Read 374 times)

Energy Radio

  • Engineer
  • ***
  • Posts: 30
    • View Profile
BBP not working soon after Breakaway One install
« on: April 06, 2017, 04:23:28 PM »
Hi,

I have been running BBP and Breakway One alongside each other on a W10 Pro 64-bit machine whilst I compare the two before deciding whether to convert. I have had BBP installed and running since I installed the OS over a year ago. I recently installed BO and the two have been running fine. All of a sudden I am unable to run BBP, it loads the process but nothing happens. I tried installing the updated BAE but I get a WinLicense error "A debugger has been found running in your system. Please, unload it from memory and restart your program." As far as I am aware I am not running a debugger. The only thing that I have recently done on the system is install and run the latest VST of StereoTool.

I have tried installing BBP over the top of itself (breakaway_broadcast_setup_0.90.95) as I have a full registered version, this tries to check CPU performance and then hangs. i7 machine so no CPU issues. Breakaway One still loads fine.

Please advise.

Thanks

Milky

  • Global Moderator
  • Chief Engineer
  • *****
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
Re: BBP not working soon after Breakaway One install
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 10:37:33 PM »

Energy Radio

  • Engineer
  • ***
  • Posts: 30
    • View Profile
Re: BBP not working soon after Breakaway One install
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 11:03:46 AM »
I have installed that update which has updated the pipeline and BAE is showing in control panel > programs, however a BAE link does not appear on the desktop or start menu or by searching. If I run the BAE exe from Program Files I get the WinLicense error. BBP process will appear in task manager when run but does not load.

Energy Radio

  • Engineer
  • ***
  • Posts: 30
    • View Profile
Re: BBP not working soon after Breakaway One install
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 04:33:17 PM »
I have just seen the WinLicense topic on the BAE board, it refers to a recent Avast AntiVirus update. I have added the breakaway EXE's to the exclusions list and both BBP and BAE now work. Many thanks to spotty69 and JesseG for discovering the cause  :)